Physical Description Edit
These dwarves are shorter than other dwarven races, owing to the harsh cold of the Northern Mountains, standing a foot and a half shorter than humans. What they lack in height they more than make up for in might as a burly heavy set people. They, like other dwarves pride themselves on the length and quality of their hair, frequently decorating it with intricate braids and fine accessories. Those familiar with these dwarves know that a shaved northern dwarf are either mad or criminal, and shouldn't be trusted.
Society: The harsh environment of the north lends itself to the cultural differences between Dwarves of the Northern Horde and their dwarven kin, but share many similarities. They love stonework and metalwork as much as their cousins, even more so for warmer metals like gold and copper. Still wary of orcs and goblins, these dwarves are keen on having visitors and will warmly invite travels in. They are also more keen to listening and talking through their problems, and if talks go bad they employ the brutal climate of their home as "aggressive negotiations".
Relations: Even so far north that orcs and goblins are a rarity these dwarves share their species proclivity of animosity to them, and will shun or attack orcs or goblins if they near their cities. Northern dwarves are also wary of elvish people, but will still invite them in warmly when they come across travelers. These dwarves are most welcoming of fellow dwarves and humans, whose tenacity and industriousness impresses dwarven folk.
Alignment and Religion: Driven by honor and tradition, Dwarves have a strong sense of friendship and justice. Not only do dwarves work hard, but they play hard, especially if good ale is involved. All this lends Dwarves of the Northern Horde to Lawful Good alignments.
|40||'-3d4 years '(28 - 37 years)||'+5d6 years '(45 - 70 years)||'+[20 + 4d12] years'(64 - 108 years)|
Height and Weight:
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3 ft. 4in||'+2d6 in.'(3 ft. 6in. - 4 ft. 4 in.)||175 lbs||'+[2d6 x 7 lbs.]'(189 lbs - 259 lbs)|
|Female||3 ft.||'+2d4 in.'(3 ft. 2in. - 3 ft. 8 in.)||150 lbs||'+[2d4 x 7 lbs]'(164 lbs. - 206 lbs.)|
|Neutral||3 ft. 2in||'+3d4 in.'(3 ft. 5 in. - 4 ft. 2 in.)||165 lbs||'+[3d4 x 7 lbs.]'(186 lbs. - 249 lbs.)|
Standard Racial Traits (~15 RP) Edit
- Ability Score Racial Traits(0 RP): Dwarves of the Northern Horde are tough and friendly, but aren't wise to the goings on of the world. They gain +2 Constitution, +2 Charisma, -2 Wisdom.
- Size: Small(0 RP): Small races gain a +1 size bonus to their AC, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, a –1 penalty on combat maneuver checks and to their CMD, and a +4 size bonus on Stealth checks.
- Type: Dwarves are humanoids with the dwarf subtype (0 RP)
- Speed: Slow Speed (-1 RP): The race has a base speed of 20 feet
- Languages: Standard (0 RP): Dwarves begin play speaking Dwarven and Common. Dwarves with high Intelligence scores can choose from the following: Undercommon, Draconic, Terran, Giant, Gnome, Elven, Halfling
- Greater Defensive Training(4 RP): Members of this race gain a +2 dodge bonus to their Armor class
- Hardy(3 RP): Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws against poison, spells, and spell-like abilities
- Stonecunning(1 RP): Members of this race receive a +2 bonus on Perception checks to notice unusual stonework, such as traps and hidden doors located in stone walls or floors. They receive a check to notice such features whenever they pass within 10 feet of them, whether or not they are actively looking.
- Craftsman(1 RP): Member of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on all Craft or Profession checks to create objects from metal or stone.
- Mountaineer(1 RP): Members of this race are immune to altitude sickness and do not lose their Dexterity bonus to AC when making Climb checks or Acrobatics checks to cross narrow or slippery surfaces.
- Mountain Stride(1 RP): Members of this race can move through natural difficult terrain at their normal speed while within mountains. Magically altered terrain affects them normally.
- Weapon Familiarity(2 RP): Dwarves are proficient with battleaxes, heavy picks, and warhammers, and treat any weapon with the word “dwarven” in its name as a martial weapon.
- Darkvision 120ft: Members of this race can see in the dark up to 120 feet.
- Mountain-born: Members of this race gain a +2 racial bonus on Acrobatics checks made to cross narrow ledges and on saving throws against altitude fatigue and sickness.
Sky Sentinel: Members of this race gain a +1 racial bonus on attack rolls, a +2 dodge bonus to AC, and a +2 bonus on Perception checks against flying creatures. In addition, enemies on higher ground gain no attack roll bonus against members of this race. Edit
- Climb: Members of this race have a climb speed of 20 feet, and gain the +8 racial bonus on Climb checks that a climb speed normally grants.
- Stoneseer: Members of this race add +1 to the caster level of any spells with the earth descriptor they cast. Members of this race also gain the following spell-like abilities (the caster level is equal to the user’s character level):
Constant—nondetection; 1/day—magic stone, stone shape, stone tell
- Stonesinger: Members of this race are treated as 1 level higher when casting spells with the earth descriptor or using powers of the Earth domain, bloodline powers of the earth elemental bloodline, and revelations of the oracle’s stone mystery. This trait does not give members of this race early access to level-based powers; it only affects powers they could already use without this trait.
- Sociable: When members of this race attempt to change a creature’s attitude with a Diplomacy check and fail by 5 or more, they can try to influence the creature a second time even if 24 hours have not passed.
- Master Tinker: Members of this race gain a +1 bonus on Disable Device and Knowledge (engineering) checks. Members of this race are also treated as proficient with any weapon they have personally crafted.
- Greed: Members of this race gain a +2 bonus on Appraise checks to determine the price of non-magical goods that contain precious metals or gemstones.
- Cave Dweller: Members of this race gain a +1 bonus on Knowledge (dungeoneering) and Survival checks made underground.